Sunday, February 24, 2013

WEBBER: Ch. 9-11 [The Round-house Kick]

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunityLet your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians2:2-6


Iwas showed this passage this week and it did an astounding job at punching me in the face with a forceful, kung-fu round-house kick
I guess I either used to be really in touch with God through daily consistent prayer 4-5 years ago OR I never realized till reading this scripture how much my life has become crowded with so many new things that more consistently take up my mind, that something had to be pushed out... I guess my communication with God was the first thing to go... OOPS


[God's gonna get an ear-full tonight]


1 comment:

  1. Welp, looks like we're in a similar boat except I posted about monks. I've been trying to figure out what a devoted prayer life looks like, how much and how often. I don't think there is a formula, but when I look at Jesus he prayed at all times during the day, and did it often. I think i'll start there.

    ReplyDelete